61 Killycurragh Road
, BT80 9LE
||61 Killycurragh Road, Cookstown
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to acquire this exceptional property which is truly unique and full of history, character and charm. Killycurragh School, dating back to 1862 was completely refurbished in 1998 using original school materials and reclaimed architectural salvage to include hand turned pinnacles, sand stone over door with original date and barge board copied from original design. Reclaimed solid pine doors and flooring throughout. The property set in the rural countryside has outstanding views as far as the Mourne Mountains and surrounding landscape yet is only a 10 minute drive to the thriving town of Cookstown. Externally the property benefits from manicured mature gardens with a selection of mature shrubs, trees and hedging approached by a character pebble driveway with a large reclaimed brick area to the rear to provide ample car parking space and a picket fence to the front. This property is without doubt one for the discerning buyer.
- ENTRANCE PORCH & HALLWAY
- Double arched front doors. Porch doors with three point locking system, with original school date engraved in glass side panels, pine flooring and mock fireplace.
- SITTING ROOM:
- Pine flooring, Inglenook Fireplace with multi-fuel stove and double patio doors leading to paved area at rear of house.
- DINING ROOM:
- Pine flooring, recessed lighting, and double doors to side of property. Double aspect windows.
- KITCHEN & DINING
- Feature handmade and painted kitchen units made from reclaimed pine, Belfast sink, character style dresser unit, recessed lighting, tile floor, part tiled walls, Belling range electric cooker, dish washer and fridge freezer, original beams from the old school.
- FAMILY ROOM:
- With fitted Multi-Fuel Stove, Solid Pine Wood Floor, T. V Point, Feature Brick Wall, Window Seat.
- Leading through from kitchen, tiled flooring with double doors leading to rear garden.
- REAR PORCH
- Includes small utility unit, tile flooring and rear stable door. Fitted storage space.
- SHOWER ROOM:
- Located off rear porch to include Wc, Whb, and separate electric shower, walls half tiled.
- Pine floor landing with double door hot press, shelved and railed.
- BEDROOM (1):
- With pine floor, mock cast iron fireplace and window seat.
- BEDROOM (2):
- Pine flooring, mock cast iron fireplace.
- BEDROOM (3):
- Pine flooring, T.V point.
- Pine flooring, mock cast iron fireplace, and stained glass window.
- Pine flooring, window seat and recessed lighting. Period inspired bathroom suite which includes the timeless design of a roll top cast iron bath with claw feet. Wc with high level cistern and chain pull. Original pine wall panelling with colour wash finish.
- Entrance pillars with original post box, also flood lights by two, with gravel driveway leading to rear of house
Mature gardens with a selection of mature shrubs, trees and hedging approached by a character pink pebble driveway with a large reclaimed brick paved yard to the rear to provide ample car parking space and a picket fence to the front.
- DETACHED GARAGE:
- Detached double garage with feature wooden doors, double glazed windows.
- PROPERTY FEATURES
- Originally built in 1862 and fully renovated in 1998.
Sliding sash windows fitted to front of property.
Feature gravel entrance driveway with patio paved area and gardens to rear.
Fully restored in 1998 to include rewiring, re plumbing, re roofed, new fitted kitchen, flooring, sanitary wear.
Need some more information?
Fill in your details below and a member of our team will get back to you.